Problem with Tee and H264 / flvmux / filewrites

Ian Daley ian at nian.com.au
Sun Jun 24 04:11:38 PDT 2012

Hi there,

have created a tee and am piping a stream that is encoded into h264 off it.

I am writing this in c++ and don't have the means to graphically
represent the stream but it is relatively simple.

I have the stream feeding as such:

MJPEG Video--->jpegdec--->ffmcolorspace->Tee

off the Tee I attach the following bin:

Queue->x264enc->flvmux->filesink

I have set it up so I can attach and detach multiple bins of this type
*while the stream is in progress* and this works but for one major problem.

If I setup and attach a bin the start (which I do) and run the stream
for 2 minutes, then the FLV file reports it is 2 minutes long.
If say, after a minute I attach another stream and run it until the end
of the stream, instead of being 1 minute long, the FLV file reports that
it is 2 minutes long.

Both streams play, but it presents some difficult in playback because
the information reported is incorrect.

Is there some option I am missing on one of the elements that could
reset the timing for the stream?

Kind Regards

Ian