appsrc not functioning

gerry6 gerry6 at eircom.net
Mon Mar 5 07:59:21 PST 2012

Hi Jan,

You’re right, I am trying to get appsrc and appsink to work together. The
idea is to get appsink to export to some kind of shared memory some data
(for instance the YUV frames generated by vdeotestsrc) And then in a client
application to be able to recover the frames and use them for something
else. In the present case my server is just a frame generator.

For the time being, the client would simply read these frames and display
them, but in the future, I’d like to be able to access to the YUV pixel data
and use them for my own app,

Thanks for help with this.
Ger.