[x264enc] - How can i set any parameters that is supported in x264cli with gst?

IamTrying iamtrying.test at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:07:48 PST 2012

All parameters are here:
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings#profile

Q. How do i set all those settings when i need it?

For example how do i apply this following setting with gst x264enc? Gst i
got only boolean true/false instead of having a way to put strict or none
etc.

Example:

b-pyramid
Default: normal
Allow the use of B-frames as references for other frames. Without this
setting, frames can only reference I- or P-frames. Although I/P-frames are
more valued as references because of their higher quality, B-frames can also
be useful. B-frames designated as references will get a quantizer halfway
between P-frames and normal B-frames. You need to use at least two B-frames
before B-pyramid will work.
If you're encoding for Blu-ray, use 'none' or 'strict'.
none: do not allow B-frames to be used as references.
strict: allow one B-frame per minigop to be used as reference; enforces
restrictions imposed by the Blu-ray standard.
normal: allow numerous B-frames per minigop to be used as references.
See also: --bframes, --refs, --no-mixed-refs