Problem using Gstreamer

Rajat Jain rajatt.jainn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:09:39 PDT 2012

Hi there,
I am having running the most basic example in gstreamer. This example is
provided in the documentation provided by gstreamer.
*command*: $ gst-launch audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
osssink

*error:* Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOssSink:osssink0: Could not
open audio device for playback.
Additional debug info:
gstosssink.c(414): gst_oss_sink_open ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstOssSink:osssink0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

All the commands before this example to test if the installation of
gstreamer and it's plug-ins ran perfectly. Only this command caused
problems.

I am unable to understand what is wrong with the command, as I have tried
using the same command again and again, after browsing the web.
Please tell me what should I do. Any sort of help will be appreciated.

Regards
Rajat Jain