Stream FEC-encoded data over simple UDP-protocol?

Anders Branderud anders.branderud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:11:20 PDT 2012

Hello!

I would like to have some guidelines of how to combine video streaming over
UDP with FEC-encoding? I would like to know what changes to be made - e.g.
which data to take (in which classes, in which functions) and FEC-encode
before sending it; and where to find the buffers with data to FEC-decode on
the client-side before playing it.

The server streams the data. It shouldn't keep track of any state of what
data the clients have received, nor receive any acknowledgments from the
clients during the video streaming. It merely keeps track of what data it
has sent.
I want to use a simple UDP-protocol.

Thanks!

--*Kind regards, Anders*
[Personal blog] Will of the
Creator<http://www.proofexistencegod.com/will-of-god/will-of-god/>  :
Logical
reasons - based on scientific premises - for the existence of a Super
intelligent and A Orderly Creator and that He hasn't left His sapient
creatures without an Instruction Manual - Torah ['books of Moses'] - to
ascertain, and aspire to, His purpose.

[Company] Anders Branderud IT Solutions - www.abitsolutions.org