GstCollectPads tutorial?

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.com
Thu May 17 07:09:09 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 12:40 -0700, iron_guitarist1987 wrote:
> Any know of any GstCollectPads tutorial or a simple example?

The documentation might help you:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/GstCollectPads.html

And there is also GstCollectPads2, that is a improved version that is
able to handle sparse streams (subtitles).
http://developer.gnome.org/gstreamer-libs/unstable/gstreamer-libs-GstCollectPads2.html

I don't know of any specific tutorial here, but you can take a look at
the elements that use it: muxers, adder, videomixer.

> Is there a N-to-1 generic element template somewhere?

Not that I know, but you can look at plenty elements to see how they use
it.

--
Thiago