Can I have two sinks using the same chain function?

iron_guitarist1987 jtrinidadperez at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:34:16 PDT 2012

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, but what I want to do is an
element that takes in a video in one sinkpad, and a stream of plain text
strings from another sink pad. I would like to have two static always pads
for this.

The question is, do I need to use GstCollectPads, GstBufferList, or can I
just call the chain function with two buffers directly (and how to do it)?

It's difficult when I can't find any other elements that does this. All I
find are elements that have request pads and most don't even have chain
functions. I swear that I'm gonna do some video tutorials about Gstreamer
plugin development once I comprehend all this wizardry!

Thanks!