Can I have two sinks using the same chain function?

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Sat May 19 03:38:33 PDT 2012

On 18 May 2012 19:34, iron_guitarist1987 <jtrinidadperez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, but what I want to do is an
> element that takes in a video in one sinkpad, and a stream of plain text
> strings from another sink pad. I would like to have two static always pads
> for this.

That sounds very similar to a text overlay, that have a video sink and a text
sink. So I will look at those.

> The question is, do I need to use GstCollectPads, GstBufferList, or can I
> just call the chain function with two buffers directly (and how to do it)?

the text overlay from pango has two chain functions though
gst_text_overlay_video_chain and gst_text_overlay_text_chain.
why do you need to only have one?
considering how different the data is between video and text, it would probably
be easier if you have two chain functions.

> It's difficult when I can't find any other elements that does this. All I
> find are elements that have request pads and most don't even have chain
> functions. I swear that I'm gonna do some video tutorials about Gstreamer
> plugin development once I comprehend all this wizardry!
>
> Thanks!

You sweared! please do that video tutorial. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Luis