HD video - fast playback problem

Emile Semmes emile.semmes at e6group.com
Fri May 25 11:26:08 PDT 2012

Before I assume too much, ie demuxers, etc, make sure your seek type
parameter in either your gst_element_seek() or gst_event_seek_new() call
is GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP. Also try or'ing that with GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT
to seek by keyframes. I haven't tried the KEY_UNIT with a rate change,
so test that out first. A GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH may help your slower
computers as well. I typically flush the pipeline on seeks by default.

Your call may look like this:

gst_element_seek( (GstElement *) pipeline, 16.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT | GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP, .... );

HTH,
Emile