Facing problem in autoplugging application

shiva_mudugal shiva.m at vinjey.com
Mon May 28 02:17:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am writing a autoplugging application(one which is similar to the example
given in gstreamer application development manual).

Steps I have followed:

1) Get a list of available factories from gstreamer registry.
2) Use typefind to get media type.
3) And the construct dynamic pipeline based on new pads created for every
element.

I am trying to play a mp3 stream with my application. I am expecting open
source "mad" decoder to get selected for play back but heaac decoder is
getting selected.

I am using "gst_caps_intersect" api to check the matching element.   Is
there any better way to match
capabilities, so that my application selects right decoder.

Can anyone help?