GStreamer and Windows / Python

Vláďa vladovi at atlas.cz
Fri Nov 2 07:04:41 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm working on a player for touchscreen devices, which I develop using PySide (Qt + Python) with QML UI. For playback I currently use Phonon which is not very good especially on Windows, where it uses DirectShow as decoding backend.

I would like to switch to GStreamer. But all information and resources I found were pretty outdated. I found out there is a Python GStreamer wrapper called pygst. Also I read about a GStreamer QML component qtvideosink (http://gkiagia.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/introducing-qtvideosink-gstreamer-meets-qml/)

Unfortunately I can not find any recent Windows builds of these SW. Can I get anywhere a Windows binary of GStreamer 1.0 and pygst for Python 3.x? Unfortunately my programming experiences in C/C++ are pretty low and I'm afraid I won't be able to compile GStreamer and pygst on Windows myself.

Do you know if there is a source of up-to-date information and/or binaries? Or if there is a multiplatform program which I can study it's code?

Thank you,
Vladimir