newbie gstreamer sdk problem

Perdie Perduta rsperduta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:08:50 PST 2012

Thanks for that info Ralph. I added another / as suggested
interestingly now the .avi file plays the sound but sadly still not
the video.
My .mp4 file still doesn't play at all through gstreamer but is fine
in Windows media player.

I suddenly wonder if this is because I built a 32 bit application but
am running it on a 64 bit OS... I kind of assumed that 64 bit Windows
can always run 32 bit apps but maybe that is not so with gstreamer?
I'll install the 64 bit version and give it a try now.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Ralph <ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk> wrote:
> Try
>   uri=file:///D:/AudioDriver/sample.avi
> instead of
>   uri=file://D:/AudioDriver/sample.avi
>
> Each time I want to open a new file I use this code in C#:
>   playBin.Uri = @"file:///" + fileName.Replace('\\', '/');
>

> --

~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
(Through adversity to the stars)