newbie gstreamer sdk problem

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:58:04 PST 2012

2012/11/16 Perdie Perduta <rsperduta at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for that info Ralph. I added another / as suggested
> interestingly now the .avi file plays the sound but sadly still not
> the video.
> My .mp4 file still doesn't play at all through gstreamer but is fine
> in Windows media player.
>
> I suddenly wonder if this is because I built a 32 bit application but
> am running it on a 64 bit OS... I kind of assumed that 64 bit Windows
> can always run 32 bit apps but maybe that is not so with gstreamer?
> I'll install the 64 bit version and give it a try now.

That shouldn't be a problem at all. You are probably missing some
plugins in your installation.
When you installed the SDK, did you check all options or did you just
used the default install?
I am asking because for  H264 decoding, you will need to have the
ffmpeg plugin installed, which are not installed by default.
If that's the case, running GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-0.10 playbin2
uri=file:// will show you what's missing.

Andoni

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Ralph <ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk> wrote:
>> Try
>>   uri=file:///D:/AudioDriver/sample.avi
>> instead of
>>   uri=file://D:/AudioDriver/sample.avi
>>
>> Each time I want to open a new file I use this code in C#:
>>   playBin.Uri = @"file:///" + fileName.Replace('\\', '/');
>>

>> --
>

> --
> ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~