recording videos from rtsp: How to sent EOS to unplugged GstBin?

bamboosso laski.maciej at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:09:57 PST 2012

Hello,

I know how to unplug part of pipeline using: gst_pad_set_blocked_async
thanks to this post:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2010-November/029283.html

So I created two Bins: one fake [queue->fakesink] one recording
[queue->h264parse->mp4mux->filesink].
Now I can easly unplug fake one and replace with recording. Video file
increase size in bytes so i assume its recording.

Unfortunately I don't know, how to post EOS message when I unplug
recording_bin

Part of code:  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46679399/problem.cpp
<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46679399/problem.cpp>   or  problem.cpp
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657110/problem.cpp>

I tryed:
1. block pad -> unlink recording_bin -> send EOS to recording_bin -> set
recording_bin to STATE_NULL ->remove recording bin from pipeline -> unblock
pad
RESULT unplayable stream
2. block pad -> unlink recording_bin -> send EOS to recording_bin -> remove
recording bin from pipeline -> unblock pad
RESULT unplayable stream, no cleaning from recording bin elements
3. block pad -> unlink recording_bin -> send EOS to recording_bin -> set
recording_bin to STATE_NULL -> -> unblock pad
RESULT unplayable stream
4. create recording_bin as GstPipeline -> attach bus_call to recording_bin
pipeline
RESULT no EOS message found
5. attach bus_call to GstBin->child_bud
RESULT silent

I think, that when I disconnect bin from pipeline it is not clocked any
more, so no messages are going threw bin. I have continous playback in
background so I cant stop whole pipeline and initialize it from begining.

gstreamer version: 0.10 [as new as possible] compiled from sources on ubuntu
10.4 lucid for arm (freescale iMX53)

I need it really bad...

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards