Valgrind error with gstreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 08:29:21 PST 2012

Le vendredi 30 novembre 2012 à 04:25 -0800, Baby Octopus a écrit :

> I have attached the log. Is something seriously wrong?

No, there is nothing seriously wrong here. The "errors" displayed in you
log are leaks as detected by valgrind. In GStreamer (and GLib) we no
longer free the the structures holding object class information, or
other static information like static pad caps. For this reason, we
provide a supression file to removes the false positive. It can be found
in gstreamer/common/gst.supp and can be passed to valgrind using
--supressions=gstreamer/common/gst.supp.

regards,
Nicolas