gstgnomevfssrc

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Nov 30 12:43:08 PST 2012

I am working to implement a pipeline using RTP setup by sdpdemux. All of
the examples that I have found put gstgnomevfssrc in front of sdpdemux, so
I can't understand how to use it any other way, which is OK (though it
would be nice to know). The problem is that I can't understand where
gstgnomevfs comes from. It is documented in the base plugin and the source
is in that source project. I have installed gst-plugin-base
0.10.20-3.0.1.el5_3 on a system that does have gstgnomevfs available. Then
I have a system that has gst-plugin-base 0.10.29-1.el6 that doesn't. Would
someone please explain what is going on? I have searched the news page and
can't find any mention of the plugin. And yes, I know that that I am using
*VERY* old versions of the libraries, but some of us really don't have
options.

Thank you,
Chuck Crisler