Output Selectors, Encoders, avimux, and filesinks...Part1

somnyrds tom.morrison at smith-nephew.com
Fri Nov 30 15:23:05 PST 2012

I have tried to cull the archives, but I am not seeing exactly what I need to
see...

1) I have a c-program that 'sorta' works that can be reduced to this:

       video_source->output-selector- - - - >video encoder->avimux->filesink
                                                     \
                                                      \
                                                     Fakesink

The selector toggles every 5 seconds - so I see 5 seconds worth in the file,
and then
another 5 seconds (5 seconds later)...but, I am getting this:

   GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_set_newsegment_full: assertion
`segment->format == format' failed

Why am I getting this?

Tom

ps: Part (2) will be coming soon - and it involves switching filesink
locations (filename) every time it switches to live video.