gst-template: port to 1.0

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 04:42:41 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 10:36 +0100, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:

> > > Module: gst-template
> > >
> > > port to 1.0
> >
> > Wasn't the plan to use element-maker instead and kill this module?
> > Element-maker already supports more baseclasses.
>
> gst-template is still useful to have IMHO because it provides a minimal
> build system setup for an application and a plugin.

Having said that, I completely forgot about / missed

 commit f3456aeaa121569a462518cb3f4d15b62a500d9c
 Author: David Schleef <ds at schleef.org>
 Date:   Sun Feb 19 15:54:39 2012 -0800

    gst-project-maker: Create autotools project

    This is a replacement for gst-template that creates an entire
    autotools project (customized to package name), and populates
    it with the source for a GStreamer plugin (but no plugin features,
    those come from gst-element-maker).  Fixes: #665727.

so maybe gst-template should be retired after all (once
gst-element-maker has been ported to 1.0, or has that been done
already?).

Maybe we should move those scripts into gst-devtools instead ?

Cheers
 -Tim