Video suddenly lost

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 06:14:41 PDT 2012

David Hoyt wrote
> Perhaps your registry was corrupt. You might try running with GST_DEBUG
> next time and examining the output.

You may be right, this would explain such behavior.

I also found that libgstwaveformsink.dll was missing in my application (I
don't know if it could have some influence) and after that discovery I
double checked that all files are in place and they are correct versions.

But...
Today it stopped working again, but in a different way - the first video
frame of the file is displayed and the video cannot be neither played nor
sought.  I uninstalled everything, deleted GStreamer 0.10 registry,
restarted and installed again. Still no joy. Today I also found a different
machine on which I have the same behavior - frozen first frame.
Unfortunately I can't run with GST_DEBUG, it is not supported by C# bindings
(see  this thread
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-use-GStreamer-s-debug-system-in-C-td2316239.html>
).