Trying to reset the pipeline whithout closing it

Steve moreau.steve at free.fr
Tue Oct 9 00:43:50 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

The post is quite old but I have the same problem here, with a different
pipeline (audio one with filesrc / wavdec / audioconvert / private plugin /
fakesink) runned from a python program.
I can't tell exactly what is the problem for now, but what I can say is that
the time is not really doubled, as mentionned above.
Here, the pipeline waits for the previous "processed" time as if the buffers
were dropped until they are correct regarding the actual clock.

For example,

start / wait for 2 s / stop : the last buffer timestamp is 0:00:02
start / NO DATA IN CHAIN FUNCTION for 2s, then it starts / wait for 3 s /
stop : the last buffer timestamp is 0:00:05
start / NO DATA IN CHAIN FUNCTION for 5s, then it starts / wait for 2 s /
stop : the last buffer timestamp is 0:00:07

I guess I need to reset the clock somewhere, or maybe to implement something
in my plugin to forward a missing event, but no clue for now.
I'll tell you if I find something, but if you have already experienced this
issue and you can give me a direction, you are welcome :-)
Regards,

Steve

-----
Search tags
gstreamer null ready states longer and longer
gstreamer pipeline start latency
gstreamer stop start longer and longer
gstreamer doesn't start immediately