not able to seek while it plays and Its playing too fast

somanath sahoo bapi_mvit2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 23:12:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to record an incoming live stream into mp4 format. I am able to play that mp4 video file, But i am not able to seek while it plays and Its playing too fast.

For sending streaming data to network --

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480' ! x264enc pass=qual quantizer=20 tune=zerolatency ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=1234

for recording the incoming live stream -

gst-launch-0.10 -e udpsrc port=1234 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=127" ! rtph264depay ! filesink location=x001.mp4

Please any can provide pointers on this issue so that i can able to seek properly while i playback that mp4 file along with its normal speed.

I thought it was clock sync problem. i tried with identity element. but i couldn't able to resolve it.

I am looking forward for some guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Somanath