not able to seek while it plays and Its playing too fast

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 04:03:45 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 23:12 -0700, somanath sahoo wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to record an incoming live stream into mp4 format. I am
> able to play that mp4 video file, But i am not able to seek while it
> plays and Its playing too fast.

How are you trying to play it back?

I don't think you will be able to play it back while the file is still
being written to.

If you need to be able to do that, you should create a file in a
streamable format such as e.g. mpeg-ts or mpeg-ps perhaps.

If you ever use these pipelines between two different machines, you
might also want a jitterbuffer before the depayloader (not related to
your issue though).

Cheers
 -Tim