Select desired stream with decodebin2

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 05:44:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying transcoding files and I'm using gstreamer 0.10.

My problem is that I'm unable to work out (in case a source file has more than
one stream) which stream(s) to select if they have same capabilities.
Say I've an audio file with two streams with different language, then how will
I select/determine the desired stream?

What I have in my mind is (all thinking/no practical) : Connect all streams
and add a queue with large enough size (but do not connect to final sink/or
connect to fake sink); then change state to paused - there will be messages in
the bus with required meta info; now disconnect all unneeded pads, connect
with sink and play. How's that? Am I stretching it too far?

Regards,

Yogesh M