buffer pts/dts is wrong in mpegtsmux gstream 1.0

itayb itaybenam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:48:18 PDT 2012

I'm doing transcoding from h264 video to mpeg2 video.
My piepline includes  : avenc_mpeg2video max_bframes=2 ! mpegtsmux ....
I inserted 'print' statements in mpegtsmux in order to follow the frames pts
and dts and I got unlogical values.
I have video frames where (dts > pts) (how can it be???)  , and also I
noticed that the pts is always increasing (although it must also decrease
because of the bframes).

I replaced the encoder with x264enc bframes=2 . now The pts seems o.k.
(increasing and decreasing) , but i still have situations where (dts > pts).

Does someone understand this behaviour?
Thanks,
Itay