why gstutils.c isn't be found or Cannot build pipeline: no element "oggdemux"?

pip ice2000feng at 163.com
Thu Sep 6 01:08:06 PDT 2012

Hi All:
    Today, I wanted to test query.c which is gstreamer's example(gstreamer*/tests/examples/manual).
My system:Ubuntu.
when I use gstreamer-0.10 version, the query.c is compiled successfully:
gcc -Wall query.c -o query $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10)
and I run query, however, the program has Segmentation fault.
I use gdb to debug it, I find the reason is that the gstutils.c isn't be found.
gstreamer 0.10  version is installed by apt-get install

I downloaded gstreamer-0.11.2 and gstreamer-plugin-base-0.11.2 and compile these and install these:
./configure
make
make install

When I use 0.11.2 version gst to compile query.c, the query.c is compiled successfully:
gcc -Wall query.c -o query $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.11)
 and I run query the Error is that Cannot build pipeline: no element "oggdemux"

Does anyone have idea about these error?