Gstreamer and SIGTERM/SIGUSR2

Emile Semmes emile.semmes at e6group.com
Sun Sep 9 14:10:29 PDT 2012

Hi Jeff,

This is a TI issue. In the xxx_chain functions, they spawn a pthread
that may not be getting the pipeline state change and passing that
information along. I've experienced your probably quite a bit and it's
basically an architectural issue with the plugin.

You will have to use SIGUSR2 as long as you run from gst-launch.
Programmatically(sp?) creating your pipeline and performing
GST_STATE_PAUSED, READY or NULL will get the result you desire.

So, yeah. You're stuck with SIGUSR2 as long as you use a TIxxxx element
in your pipeline. Maybe you should cross post to the TI forum. It's a
long shot but maybe they'll add a bit more state change detection for
that thread. We'd all benefit from it.

https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=187

Emile