Pipe audiotestsrc to the alsa microphone

Lawrence Anthony lawrence at theindianmaiden.com
Sun Sep 16 11:42:28 PDT 2012

Perhaps my question is a little vague.  I am looking to create some sort of "virtual microphone" that can be connected from another app (skype) and controlled via a gst-launch pipeline.  v4l2loopback got me past the video hurdles but now I seem to be completely stuck on the audio.  I am running a pulseaudio server with alsa.