hardware video encoding with gstreamer -- any recommendations?

Matt Pekar mpekar at raineyelectronics.com
Wed Sep 19 06:18:34 PDT 2012

Thanks Florent, that seems to be a very good summary of the state of things.

We came across a card from Leadtek, the WinFast PxVC1100, and it does
appear to have a Linux SDK that is accessible with some appsrc/appsink
work.  Doesn't seem to be in production anymore though.  There's also the
Matrox CompressHD.

We've been using MJPEG successfully at lower resolutions.  I'll revisit
x264 and see if that dmabuf video has something we might put to use.