git master open for bug-fixes again

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 09:24:46 PDT 2012

Hi hackers,

git master is now open for commits again.

However, the plan is to focus on bug fixing (1.0.x releases) for a while
before adding new features, new API, or doing major rewrites.

We'd then branch off a "1.0" branch for further 1.0.x bug-fixing at the
end of October or so and start a new 1.1.x feature development cycle in
git master which will lead to 1.2.0 towards the end of the year.

Let's see how it goes, we can always adjust things as we go along, and
branch early.

More details here:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/ReleasePlanning/RoadMap
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/ReleasePlanning2012