Query related to Hlsdemux Design

Dinesh Kumar dineshkpadmanaban at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:03:09 PDT 2012

Hi,
The current hls demux design is such that, the demux will wait until the
fetcher downloads the DEFAULT_FRAGMENTS_CACHE to g_queue. It delays the
starting of playback and the seek time as well.

I would like to optimize the playback start time.

If I don't use g_queue and directly passes the fragment data from the
fetcher sink pad to the demux src pad, I can start the playback early. But
then, I cannot able to buffer the data.

I am thinking of using gstqueue2 instead of g_queue.?

Can I use gstqueue2 in the current hlsdemux element plugin? Or Do I need to
make hlsdemux as  bin element for having gstqueue2?

Please let me know *how to use gstqueue2 in another element*?