In-band (private) messages over the network

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Thu Apr 4 04:32:00 PDT 2013

Interesting.  About a year ago I asked a similar question for which I got a
response from Stefan
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/In-band-data-td3901508.html>
that I never got to work with it.  I asked about using a dummy frame of data
to encode information but he said:

    You can just send a custome synchronized event. That is essentially a
named
    gst structure. And you can just pluck that with an event-pad probe on
the receiver side.

I looked at sending events and some thing looked like they could work, but
nothing definitive till your answer.  But, if you are correct, what did
Stefan mean?

Wes