Getting video width / height

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 12:43:48 PDT 2013

Once the URI is set, set your pipeline into PAUSED state. Once that has
been done, you should be prerolled, and can check the current caps on any
pad that you know about. I don't know the Python interface, but in C one
would use g_signal_emit_by_name to ask for a pointer to the video pad to
query:

g_signal_emit_by_name (playbin, "get-video-pad", 0, &pad, NULL);

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> I am using the playbin bin with the autovideodetect sink via PyGI. What
> is the correct approach to determining the source video's dimensions at
> runtime after the URI has been set?
>
> --
> Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
> OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred