Getting video width / height

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Fri Apr 5 20:42:48 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 15:43 -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> Once the URI is set, set your pipeline into PAUSED state. Once that has
> been done, you should be prerolled, and can check the current caps on any
> pad that you know about. I don't know the Python interface, but in C one
> would use g_signal_emit_by_name to ask for a pointer to the video pad to
> query:
>
> g_signal_emit_by_name (playbin, "get-video-pad", 0, &pad, NULL);

Hey Stirling. That's a great start, but sadly the PyGi documentation is
really scant and I'm having a hard time digging up anything on how to do
this. I've tried get_property("get-video-pad") on the playbin object,
but it knows of no such property. I tried a get_pad() call also on the
playbin object and there's no such method either. It's really shooting
in the dark with PyGi on most days it seems.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred