Add ADTS Header to Raw AAC

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:00:04 PDT 2013

I have a raw stream of AAC that I'm not able to decode and playback. From
looking at other forums, it seems that the cause is due to the lack of an
ADTS header. My question is, given a sample rate, object type (MPEG-2 AAC
Low Complexity), and number of channels, does gstreamer have an element
built in that will add the ADTS header so that faad and ffdec_aac can decode
the data? Or do I have to write my own element?

Thanks so much.

John