MPEG-TS Framerate Divider?

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Apr 10 06:35:26 PDT 2013

Dropping H264 frames in general doesn't work. Most frames depend on
previous frames. So, when you drop one, all succeeding frames (until an
I-Frame) fail. Look at the Rx video on a lossy network. It is awful. Many
implementations have put a lot of work into forward error correction to
prevent that. If you want to change something, you have to transcode (yuk).