RTSP server using v4l2src

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:59:01 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:40 AM, yusuf.husainy <yusuf.husainy at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4. gst-launch -v rtspsrc ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ffenc_mpeg4 ! mp4mux(I thought this would help) ! filesink !
> location=Desktop/testing5.mp4 (in this case also VLC failed to playback the
> .mp4 file).

Just some more ideas to try...

For the streaming client you could use:

gst-launch rtspsrc location=.... latency=300 ! decodebin2 ! xvimagesink

For saving into a file, try using x264enc again instead of ffenc_mp4
and qtmux instead of mp4mux. So:

gst-launch rtspsrc location=.... ! decodebin2 ! x264enc ! qtmux !
filesink location=...

You can also try to simply save the H.264 that comes live (not sure if
this will work though):

gst-launch rtspsrc location=.... ! rtpmp4vdepay ! qtmux ! filesink location=...

So you avoid decoding and re-encoding again which should be pretty fast.

Aleix