RTSP server using v4l2src

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:46:35 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:40 AM, yusuf.husainy <yusuf.husainy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Finally, I have solved the problem,
>
> The delay of 4sec was caused due to the x264enc element, which I was using
> in the server pipeline.
>
> I replaced it with ffenc_mpeg4, i.e MPEG4-part2 video codec(h264 is
> MPEG4-part10 video codec). I see no(zero) delay at all if I run a gst-launch
> pipeline on the client side using rtspsrc.

[snip]

I would recommend using x264enc with zero latency settings, try using this:

x264enc profile=baseline aud=false byte-stream=true
speed-preset=ultrafast intra-refresh=true sliced-threads=true
tune=zerolatency key-int-max=30 bitrate=3000

Here is a pretty good explanation of each setting:

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

On the VLC side try to set a buffering of 300ms or less.

Hope this helps,

Aleix