GStreamer MXF D10 encoding error

Tyraek eng.alfredo.silvestre at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 15:03:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have been using GStreamer for a while now and I have the need to mux into
a MXF D10 container.

I can successfully mux to the general MXF through the avmux_mxf, but when
using the avmux_mxf_d10 it displays the following error: "libav :0:: error
MXF D-10 only support 30/40/50 mbit/s"

I have read the FFMpeg documentation on how to encode to D10:
http://www.itbroadcastanddigitalcinema.com/ffmpeg_howto.html#Encoding_D10

With the following pipeline, the encoder apparently is not able to create a
mpeg2 with a bitrate of 30mbit/s because if I change the muxer to
"avmux_mxf" the file is created correctly but with a bitrate of 65kbit/s

gst-launch-1.0.exe -v videotestsrc !
video/x-raw,format=UYVY,width=720,height=576,framerate=25/1 \
! videoconvert ! videobox top=-32 ! queue ! avenc_mpeg2video
bitrate=30000000 \
gop-size=1 rc-max-rate=30000000 rc-min-rate=30000000 rc-buffer-size=1200000
\
rc-buffer-aggressivity=0.25 ! avmux_mxf_d10 ! filesink location=test.mxf

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been testing pipelines to make
this work for weeks now :/