how to play raw audio data with a gstreamer application.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 02:37:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 00:29 -0700, sudhakar wrote:

Hi,

> I am able to play PCM and YUV files individually.
> I want to know how to play those two files together in gstreamer pipeline.

Ideally you never have 'raw' PCM and YUV in a file. It should be framed
inside a container of some sort.

But if you do, there are 'audioparse' and 'videoparse' elements which
can help frame the data. However, in the video case it's a bit tricky
because of different possible strides and plane offsets etc.

Cheers
 -Tim