Compiling GStreamer using repo

Gianluca Pacchiella gp at ktln2.org
Thu Apr 18 01:14:33 PDT 2013

Since once in a while I experiment with GStreamer latest versions and
I like to compile it from source. In order to do it reliably I created
a repo manifest in this github repository

  https://github.com/gipi/gstreamer-repo

The steps to follow are

 $ mkdir gst && cd gst
 $ repo init -u https://github.com/gipi/gstreamer-repo
 $ repo sync
 $ vim master/gstreamer/scripts/gst-uninstalled
 # change line HOME=
 $ ln -sf master/gstreamer/scripts/gst-uninstalled gst-master
 $ ./gst-master
 $ for p in gstreamer gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad; do \
    cd "$p" && ./autogen.sh --prefix=$PWD/../prefix/ && make && make install && cd -; \
    done

I don't know if this can be useful to anyone, let me know your impressions,
and CC me since I'm not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,

	gp