When will the SDK migrate to gstreamer-1.0 ?

Julien Moutte julien at fluendo.com
Tue Apr 23 02:47:30 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

Although we are thrilled to see that the SDK's approach to QA, packaging
and documentation is so appealing to a lot of people I would like to state
the goals written in the DNA of the GStreamer SDK project for those who
don't know them.

We aim to provide regular releases of a stable and reliable framework
supporting a clearly defined set of multimedia features across multiple
platforms for application developers. The underlying version of GStreamer
is more an implementation detail to us than a specific requirement as
migrating applications between 0.10 and 1.0 APIs is quite trivial.

Additionally, the GStreamer SDK is also a potential answer for people
looking for updates, bug fixes and long term commercial support for
GStreamer 0.10 which still represents the vast majority of our current user
base.

We will definitely move along with GStreamer 1.0 at some point in the
future.

As you've already seen in cerbero it's possible for developers to compile
GStreamer 1.0 with the SDK builder, feel free to try it and provide
feedback. Our focus though is on releasing the next version of the SDK for
iOS and QT bindings support.

Sincerely yours,

*Julien MOUTTE*
C.T.O.

FLUENDO Influencing the Multimedia World

San Francisco, USA & Barcelona, SPAIN
Contact phone:
Spain:  +34 933 175 153
United States: +1 415 773 5353