Gtreamer installation Problem

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 05:48:37 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 17:16 +0530, asim arora wrote:

> I was installing gstreamer-0.11.90 from site
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/
> But Unable to find makefile . Please help me on this.

0.11.90 is a very old unstable development version from when the new
GStreamer 1.x series was still in development. You should not use any
0.11.x versions.

Instead, download the latest 1.0.x releases. If an application checks
for >= 0.11.9x, it wants the 1.0 API and recent 1.x releases should
work.

Once you have downloaded and unpacked the .tar.gz file you need to
run ./configure to create the Makefiles. After that you can run 'make'.
You fill find more instructions in the README and INSTALL files, but
this is pretty standard stuff really, so I'm sure you can find even
better tutorials on the internet.

Cheers
 -Tim