intra-refresh correctly enabled in the x264enc ?

Bgpl badri at cloudzilla.com
Mon Apr 29 08:22:45 PDT 2013

hi,

I am enabling intra-refresh in the gstreamer pipelines using a pipeline such
as:
% gst-launch videotestsrc is-live=true !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=20/1,width=480,height=320 \
       ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc tune=zerolatency speed-preset=veryfast
profile=baseline \
       intra-refresh=true pass=qual quantizer=23 \
       ! flvmux ! tcpclientsink port=6666

However, I have been having problems playing it in flashplayer, though it
does play in vlc.
Note that removing the 'intra-refresh=true' makes it play find in
flashplayer.

In digging into it, I was looking at the source code of x264enc, and I found
the following:
https://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/source/browse/trunk/Main/GStreamer/Source/gst-plugins-ugly/ext/x264/gstx264enc.c?r=858

1612  #ifdef X264_INTRA_REFRESH
1613    if (pic_out.b_keyframe) {
1614  #else
1615    if (pic_out.i_type == X264_TYPE_IDR) {
1616  #endif

There seems to be a compile-time enabling required for X264_INTRA_REFRESH ?!
I am not
sure if the default gstreamer package I have does enable that, or if it is
even needed.
Do i need to do something more to get this working correctly for me (which
to me means it plays
on flashplayer).
Anyone ?

Appreciate any comments.