audio playback with gstreamer 1.0 is messed up under windows

Eric Trousset etrousset at awox.com
Thu Aug 1 08:53:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I m working on an application using gstreamer to play medias. We are currently using gstreamer 0.10 and are planning on upgrading to 1.0.

So I installed gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.0.9.msi to test the playback capabilities. As a result I get messed up audio, very noisy (like white noise).

Used gst-launch-1.0 to experiment, here is my cmd line :

C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86\bin>gst-launch-1.0.exe playbin uri=file:///c:/mediact/audio/mp3/03_constant_motion.mp3

Had the same with WMA

Tried the same under linux, everything works like a charm.

Any idea?

Regards,
Eric