h264depay doesn't work properly in gstreamer-1.0?

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 12 08:57:56 PDT 2013

> I think you should be using avh264dec or something similar. Check it with
> gst-inspect, just do gst-inspect-1.0 | grep h264, it should appear on that
> list

If payload is not extracted properly, then it does not matter which
decoder is in use. Also, since OP used decodebin, it should pick the
right decoder.

I am currently also in process of porting 0.10 application to 1.0 and
also have problems with rtph264depay . The error message from it says
that caps are not set properly (not at my development computer now and
do not remember the exact error message). I am sure that exactly the
same pipeline did work with 0.10, so something is definitely changed
by rtph264depay between 0.10 and 1.0. Not sure however if it is a bug
or 0.10 version was not as strict as 1.0.