h264depay doesn't work properly in gstreamer-1.0?

Adam Goodwin adam.goodwin.nz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:39:53 PDT 2013

I don't have access to my GStreamer install right now, but I think what
might fix both of your problems is adding "payload=127" to the caps for
your rtph264depay element. So for the OP's example, this would be:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=18888 multicast-iface="lo"
multicast-group="232.4.130.
146" buffer-size=1000000
caps="application/x-rtp,clock-rate=90000,payload=127" do-timestamp=false !
rtph264depay ! decodebin ! autovideosink

Failing that, putting 96 instead of 127 might work. I think I had the same
problem and can't remember if that was what got rtph264depay working for
me, but I think it was.

If it still doesn't work, and you have access to the pipeline doing the
sending, you can try running gst-launch for that pipeline with the "-v"
option. That will let you see that caps that are being used at the sender
end, and so you can apply those caps to the receiving end to avoid any
capabilities (caps) negotiation issues.