Using GStreamer to feed YouTube Live, UStream and LiveStream

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 06:55:16 PDT 2013

For anyone interested in streaming to primarily YouTube Live.

I can now confirm that GStreamer can be used to feed YoyTube Live, if you
have 'Live Events' enabled for your YouTube account or possibly can use
YouTube Live through Google+.

I'll post details here and on the Snowmix website later, when I have a
documented solution. The solution uses flvmux, rtmpsink and the location
parameter unsurpisingly but it sometimes fails to start for yet unknown
reasons.

It also works for feeding UStream and LiveStream, allthough that is less
surprising, at least for UStream.

In case you need info urgently, you can contact me directly via email or
via the Snowmix website at https://sourceforge.net/projects/snowmix/

Best regards
Peter Maersk-Moller