new-buffer signal in appsink

jyoti kulkarni jyotimk029 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 23:40:52 PDT 2013

Hello All,

Now new-buffer signal is removed in gstreamer1.0 how can we access the
buffers.

Now i am using "new-sample" and writing it to a file. (the samples what i
get is decoded video/audio buffers of huge size)

since GstSample can hold only small amount of data iam able to write only
single sample. how should i write all the samples to the files.

I am doing it in following way for audio buffer and simillarly for video
buffer.

 g_signal_emit_by_name (sink, "pull-sample", &sample,NULL);
  if (sample) {

       buffer = gst_sample_get_buffer (sample);

       gst_buffer_map (buffer, &map, GST_MAP_READ);
       g_print("\n size=%d\n",map.size);

fwrite(map.data, 1, map.size,data->audio_file);
    gst_sample_unref(sample);
    gst_buffer_unmap (buffer,&map);

If i simply use GstBuffer i get below critical warnings and some junk data
is written into file.
g_signal_emit_by_name (sink, "pull-sample", &buffer,NULL);

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_buffer_map_range: assertion `GST_IS_BUFFER
(buffer)' failed

Please help.. Thanks in advance

Regards
Jyoti