Info on removed-decoded-pad of decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 3 01:58:57 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-02 at 22:20 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> decodebin element has a signal type named "removed-decoded-pad" which means
> it'll send a signal when it stops decoding a particular signal. I would like
> to know how this is determined. Is there any rule engine like if  a
> particular ES does not come for ' N' seconds it will no longer be decoded?

It has this signal in 0.10, yes. Not in 1.x anymore. But in 0.10 that
signal was emitted at the same time as pad-removed, i.e. when the pad is
removed from decodebin. This happens when decodebin is shut down or when
a group switch happens (think of chained Ogg files, when it moves from
one file to another).

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com