Shmsink SEGSEV with NV12

adrien_sch adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 04:14:17 PST 2013

Hello guys,

I did some tests with vaapi components, and I realize that the vaapidecoder
wasn't compatible with the shmsink element. Indeed, I receive a SEGSEV from
gst_shm_sink->gst_buffer_extract (line 1648) -> memcpy. It's probably due to
the stream format.

Someone can observe the same behavior ? How can I resolve this issue ?

Other question :

What is the right approch for use a decodebin (with vaapi element) and be
confronted to an unsupported profile ? By observation, the result is an
error on the bus, but can we be more adaptive to this behavior ( by
detecting the profile, match it with vainfo, and use or not the vaapi
component) ?

Example :
Environment : nvidia card who support H264Main and High (not baseline) and
try to decode a baseline profil stream.

GST Version : 1.2